Our Cuddle Bug waited oh so
impatiently for a week so that he could have a turn to open a book from the pile.
He fittingly opened up…
Mighty Dads by Joan Holub.*
Bug is over the moon about this book!
This book would be cute for anyone with kids who love trucks!
This book uses different construction equipment to talk about dads teaching their kids new things.
And it ends with a sweet note about the dads being proud of their little ones.
This prompted a conversation with the kids, well the older two anyway – sorry Little Bear, about what Daddy has taught them. Some of the answers…
- “He taught me how to fish.” – Little Miss
- “How to take care of Puffer (our goldfish).” – Little Miss
- “Daddy taught me how to ride my bike outside.” – Cuddle Bug
- “He taught me how to do jumping jacks, push ups, and pull ups.” – Little Miss
- “Daddy taught me how to cuddle.” – Both (he is a pretty good cuddler)
Followed by a conversation about what makes Daddy proud…
- “Taking care of my fish by myself.” – Little Miss
- “I go poop on the potty!” – Cuddle Bug
- “Being a good girl.” – Little Miss
- “He’s proud that I can ride a bike with no training wheels.” – Little Miss
It was cute to hear all of their responses and get into their little heads.
Two books down, two weeks down!
Have you read this book?!
*click on the title or the photo and it will link you to the book! these are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase my blog will make some money and then i can keep on blogging! so that would be awesome!*