Congratulations to Christine for guessing the quick craft correctly and winning a Starbucks gift card!
Here is what the final project looks like!
It’s a bouquet of coffee filter roses!
Want the quick how to on this cute bouquet?!
All the supplies you need are…
I chose to paint mine gray because that’s my favorite! Well, that and yellow!
You could do any color though!
And use any glass bottle! A wine bottle, a mason jar, an empty salad dressing bottle…anything!
I just laid the bottle on it’s side, painted it, and then rotated once the paint was dry. Just paint and repeat until you’ve covered all the sides!
Now, to make the flowers!
It takes four coffee filters to make one rose.
I found this idea from Martha Stewart and used her templates; but I took the time to position the petals differently so that it would only take four filters.
After cutting all of the petals out, I was ready to make my rose.
- I cut my floral wire, bent it in half, and then twisted it together to make it sturdier.
- I poked the wire through petal one.
- Then wrapped it around he wire and taped it as such.
- I poked the wire through petal two and then also wrapped and taped it.
- For petal three I carefully separated the filter.
- Then I wrapped petal three around the wire and taped it as such.
- Petal four also need to be separated carefully, wrapped, and taped.
- Two petal fives and two petal sixes taped on create the next layer. Then, two petal sevens and two petal eights taped on make the last layer.
- I then bent the floral wire in half again and wrap it around the base of the rose.
Now, it’s time to paint your roses!
This queen wanted her roses painted yellow!
I used watercolors and worked my way through the layers, starting with the outside ones and moving my way in.
Once I was finished painting, I hung the rose upside down to dry.
When the rose finished drying, I used a pencil to curl the petals a bit.
I used some washi tape on the base of the rose.
It adds some fun and is a cute way to cover up the floral wire!
A beautiful yellow rose!
I had to make a couple more to get a bouquet so…
And obviously they just had to be bookish!!
Hello, serious book nerd here.
I used the dictionary pages that I had cut out while hollowing out this dictionary.
What color will you paint your roses?!
Let me know your thoughts! I love hearing from you guys!
Thanks for playing!
*click on the links and it will take you to where you can purchase the supplies! these are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase my blog will make some money and then i can keep on blogging! so that would be awesome!*